Conurr: It’s alive!
Note: This post is over a year old. It may contain outdated information and broken links. Please temper your expectations accordingly.
Today, I played a game on Concurr for the first time in a long time.
I have learned so much through this process, and there’s still a lot more to build, but it’s good to have the basics back in place.
Stuff that works really well:
- Move submission and cancellation
- Clicking on map
- Manual Tics
Short-term TODO list:
- Lots of bugfixes
- Get countdown clock setup again
- Spawn tic daemon from main
Medium-term goals include:
- Generalize the chat server long polling to send any type of game update
- Following from above, more client-side rendering in general
- Don’t assign home planets until game starts (instead of game join)
- Stabilize colors by game join order (or selection process?)
- List players in the game
- Chat in lobby
- Change all planets to have orbits instead of the current fixed map setup
- Game fast-forward (if all players agree)
- Game ending win condition
Given the limitations noted above, is anyone interested in a game? Let me know and we can set something up.